cc-south-caucasus - Re: [Cc-south-caucasus] Armenia_ALL CC Licenses

cc-south-caucasus AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons in the South Caucasus

  • From: Catharina Maracke <catharina AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Movses Hakobyan <movses.hakobyan AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: cc-south-caucasus AT lists.ibiblio.org, Diane Peters <diane AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-south-caucasus] Armenia_ALL CC Licenses
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:55:01 +0200

Dear Movses,

Many thanks for your patience. I think we have to discuss this again in more detail. Since you have divided the term "derivative work" into two sections "adaptation" and "collection" we might have difficulties in terms of the ND licenses.

It is important to clarify that a collection does not mean to be a derivative work for the purpose of the CC licenses and I am afraid we are not consistent with other CC licenses such as the unported or US when following your suggested structure. I think we have to distinguish carefully between the term "collection" and "derivative work" which can also be replaced by another term such as "adaptation" (or the related definition in the Armenian Copyright law for the final Armenian licenses) but it should be clear that a collection is separated for the purpose of the CC licenses to assure consistency between all CC licenses.

What do you think?

Catharina

Dr. Catharina Maracke
catharina AT creativecommons.org