cc-sampling - Re: [cc-sampling]: Negate-ative-land-dnal-evita-etageN :[gnilpmas-cc] :eR

cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of the Creative Commons Sampling license (or license option)

  • From: d13b <kluppe AT klingt.org>
  • To: cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-sampling]: Negate-ative-land-dnal-evita-etageN :[gnilpmas-cc] :eR
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:20:23 +0200

hello!

i love this thread because it rises the question whether music/art should just happen and possibly change the way we think about IP (as negativeland did and mark propagates) - or circumstances have to be changed first to make "a different artistic world" possible (as CC and david suggests).

both ways run into paradox situations with negativeland and other recycling artists being the "heroes of anonymous art without heroes" and CC trying to lawfully bypass stupid copyright laws.

doing opensource software and opencontent/CC music for quite a while now, i think that a sampling/mashing artist relying just on CC licensed material would be a poor thing, but of course everyone should release his/her works under such a license, be it to just send another statement to the dinosaurs.

which leads me to the conclusion that using everyones sounds for my own works without caring about copyrights too much [input-side] and explicitly allowing anyone to re-use it [output-side] don't interfere too much and won't be a contradiction from an artistic point of view.

regards
d13b