cc-sampling - [cc-sampling] name change

cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of the Creative Commons Sampling license (or license option)

  • From: Thomas Margoni <thomas.margoni AT creativecommons.it>
  • To: cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-sampling] name change
  • Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 19:50:07 +0200

Sorry, maybe I haven't noticed this before, but it sounds new for me.
I am carrying on italian translation of "Sampling"
but should i still call it so, or should I call it "recombo"?
Please, let me know at least where/when this discussion has been.
My personal opinion is "sampling".

thanks

Thomas

<>thought you guys should now about this
<>late-breaking change to the License Formerly
<>Known as Sampling:
<
<Ouch. Any info on what the thinking is/was on
<this change?? As project leads on creating this
<thing, I am confused and dissapointed that we
<were not part of this decision. We had some
<lengthy discussions about what to call it ages
<ago.
<
<Pardon my bluntness, but I actually think it's a
<rather dumb name. Way too cute sounding, and it's
<actually confusing as no one knows what it means-
<I don't think that the art world needs yet
<another term to describe this stuff when there
<are so many already. It's a bad idea. If you
<wanted a basic name that conveys what it is, is
<functional, and includes all art forms ( as I
<always thought that the term "sampling" is in the
<publics mind as being a music term, and therefore
<rather limiting, but you guys insisted on it as I
<recall ) then why not just call it the "Collage"
<license? Something like that would have been
<best. Or am I missing something here? Maybe I
<am. Maybe Don will like it?
<
<mark
<