cc-sampling - Re: [cc-sampling] video inquiry

cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of the Creative Commons Sampling license (or license option)

  • From: "jason daniels" <jdcreativity AT hotmail.com>
  • To: cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-sampling] video inquiry
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:22:55 -0400

Thanks Mark and Don.

I am interested in CC because I think that it is a vehicle to promote the work itself and also my intentions as an artist.

I was also hoping that a CC license could shelter me from any repercussions. If I read correctly, the answer to that is negative, but weighed in against limited exposure and intent, it sounds like a worthwhile risk.

So, I think I will proceed with a license, even though it will not provide legal shelter for me.  I still have to determine which license (attribution -noncommercial).  The sampling license seems to encourage commerical use and with all the damn logos that fly through this piece sporadically I just freak out every once in awhile trying to figure out what to do.  My goal still is to post it for download and let a few people enjoy it if they want to.

Jason

From must-see cities to the best beaches, plan a getaway with the Spring Travel Guide!