cc-sampling - Re: [cc-sampling] video inquiry

cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of the Creative Commons Sampling license (or license option)

  • From: MARK / negativland <markhosler AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: "jason daniels" <jdcreativity AT hotmail.com>, cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [cc-sampling] video inquiry
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:23:09 -0700

Title: Re: [cc-sampling] video inquiry
At 10:08 PM -0400 4/21/04, jason daniels wrote:
I'm looking to post work that is an analog mix of two VHS sources (both audio and video)recorded from cable television fifteen years ago.  There are many recognizable images, many unrecognizable as well.  Too many, too difficult to cite.

What's you reason for citing them, if you were able to?

 The mix could never be confused with the original, and I want other VJ's to use the material as well.  It's just crazy stuff.  I'm wondering if a sampling license is the right way to proceed.

It will make clear where *you* are coming from as to the re-use of your work, but wont help you as far as who you took stuff from ( which I certianly wouldnt worry about, though).

mark

Thanks,
Jason