cc-sampling - [cc-sampling] video inquiry

cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of the Creative Commons Sampling license (or license option)

  • From: "jason daniels" <jdcreativity AT hotmail.com>
  • To: cc-sampling AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-sampling] video inquiry
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:08:06 -0400

I'm looking to post work that is an analog mix of two VHS sources (both audio and video)recorded from cable television fifteen years ago.  There are many recognizable images, many unrecognizable as well.  Too many, too difficult to cite.  The mix could never be confused with the original, and I want other VJ's to use the material as well.  It's just crazy stuff.  I'm wondering if a sampling license is the right way to proceed.

Thanks,

Jason