cc-metadata - Re: creator, contributor

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: creator, contributor
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 13:19:09 -0800

Evan Prodromou wrote:
I should have been more clear: I meant the dc:creator and
dc:contributor elements, included into CC metadata.

DC does offer some guidance:

http://dublincore.org/documents/dces/#creator
An entity primarily responsible for making the content of the resource.

http://dublincore.org/documents/dces/#contributor
An entity responsible for making contributions to the content of the resource.

I think these definitions map best to your option (C) --
"creator" and "contributor" roles are assigned based on the
relative importance of the contribution.

I'm pretty sure there's no creator element in the CC namespace.

Correct. We recommend using DC's, see <http://creativecommons.org/technology/metadata/implement>.