cc-metadata - Re: creator, contributor

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT wikitravel.org>
  • To: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: creator, contributor
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:32:53 -0500

Me> I'm looking for some comments and suggestions on assigning
Me> creator and contributor roles in CC metadata.

CS> Out of curiousity, why use cc for this, and not say dc:creator
CS> or even mm:artistList (http://www.musicbrainz.org/MM/)?

I should have been more clear: I meant the dc:creator and
dc:contributor elements, included into CC metadata.

I'll take a look at MM; sounds interesting.

CS> If I saw cc:creator I would expect it to point to the person
CS> who wrote the license, and not to the person who authored the
CS> work in question.

I'm pretty sure there's no creator element in the CC namespace.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou <evan AT wikitravel.org>
Wikitravel - http://www.wikitravel.org/