cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Use cases for cc by-sa compatibility with GPL

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Use cases for cc by-sa compatibility with GPL
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:14:30 -0500

On Saturday 21 January 2012 12:39:30 Francesco Poli wrote:
> > gpl library -in-> program => program must be gpl.
> >
> > gpl or by-sa photograph -in-> book => book does not have to be gpl or
> > by-sa
> >
> > by-sa music -in-> movie => movie does have to be by-sa
> >
> > gpl music -in-> movie => does movie have to be gpl? make the case if you
> > say yes.
>
> I think that here you are discussing the strength of the GPL copyleft,
> rather than the level of freedoms granted by the license for
> non-programmatic software works...

Yes, it is the protected freedom for everyone I am concerned with. And with
my
freedom wrt copyrighted and other legally protected works that incorporate
all or part of my copyleft works.

So, it is not the level of freedoms but the protection level of those
freedoms. Protecting the freedom of people in fact.