cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Time limited CC licenses for version 4.0?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Diane Peters <diane AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Time limited CC licenses for version 4.0?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 06:51:32 -0800

My email was intended as a prompt to see if there was further discussion the group wants to pursue on any time-limited proposal being seriously put forth, and to encourage the list to update the wiki directly, both with proposals mentioned here and with pros/cons.  Editing the wiki directly is useful on many levels.  Among others, it's easier for new-comers to conversations to more quickly identify the issue and summary of discussion to date, and saves our staff time sorting through sometimes quite lengthy threads to see if there's any there there, and making judgment calls on those.

As to ML's moderator email, we of course appreciate and value the larger discussion context for specific proposals.  At some point, some of the discussions do appear better suited for cc-community until a proposal is developed, and would like to see more re-directs instigated by list participants in those cases.

Diane

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Valentin Villenave <valentin AT villenave.net> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Diane Peters <diane AT creativecommons.org> wrote:
> A reminder that we've posted the time-limited suggestions to the 4.0 wiki:
>  http://wiki.creativecommons.org/4.0/Sandbox#Time-based_switch_to_more_freedom
> Feel free to add more specifics and pros/cons on the wiki page.

Thanks a lot, I for one will be quite interested in seeing where this goes!

Is it to say that we should consider this ML thread "closed", and
refrain ourselves from discussing it further here?

Cheers,
Valentin.