cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Version 3.01 moral rights question and proposal

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Patrick Peiffer" <peiffer.patrick AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Development of Creative Commons licenses" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Version 3.01 moral rights question and proposal
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:40:19 +0200

Hi all,

That's a great idea, Mélanie, treating the moral rights issue like
the collecting societies.

It has the advantage to, structurally, fit an unported licence as well
as jurisdiction licences.

As far as porting is concerned, this would introduce a welcome good
practice: that any changes in view of a 3.01 licence need not only be
pushed through for the unported licence, but also include a clear path
for jurisdiction licences.

And, which was my main problem with the original proposal, it is much
better as far as comprehension and (possibly false) interpretation are
concerned.

Best, Patrick Peiffer
cc luxembourg