cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] can someone check this wrapper for me?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] can someone check this wrapper for me?
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 08:16:58 -0400

On Monday 23 July 2007 07:19 am, rob AT robmyers.org wrote:
> Quoting adam hyde <adam AT xs4all.nl>:
>
> > Also, if someone can explain to me what the difference is between
> > documentation and software I will buy them that elusive free beer.
>
> With all due respect to Knuth, one you read and the other you execute.

(This is not meant to counter any point...)

And yet, I seem to have a dim memory of reading something that would indicate
that the only reason computer code is/was able to be copyrighted in the US at
least was due to the fact that you could read it. (As opposed to execute it.)

If anyone can speak to this bit of history, it might be interesting.

> - Rob.

(da idea man)
http://pc.celtx.com/profile/zotz