cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] can someone check this wrapper for me?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "B. Jean" <veille.jus AT gmail.com>
  • To: adam AT xs4all.nl, Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] can someone check this wrapper for me?
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:46:17 +0200

adam hyde a écrit :
hi,

I just modified the CC-GPL wrapper a bit to make it easier to read, and
also to use it for applying to documentation.

If anyone has time to look at it I would appreciate any comments about
its wording and if I have left out anything critical:
http://en.flossmanuals.net/license

adam

Hello,

Just a question : what's the reason for using GNU GPL on documentary works ? This well-known license is excellent for software, but unadapted for other works, like books or manuals. For exemple, the GNU GPL v2 do not speak about " representing " the work : thereby, you can copy the work, but you are not allowed to represent it...
Some other licenses, like the CC-By-SA or the next GNU SFDL, are written consequently and would be more appropriate.

Best regards,
Ben