cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] thread getting incredibly dull- do we need a -ot list? [was Re: NC considered harmful? Prove it...]

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Antoine" <antoine AT pitrou.net>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] thread getting incredibly dull- do we need a -ot list? [was Re: NC considered harmful? Prove it...]
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:29:07 +0100 (CET)

> This thread (rather, this complete rehash of things which have been
> discussed over and over again) is getting terribly repetitive and
> dull. Can it end? Nothing that has been said since very early in the
> thread has been new for some years now.

I second this. It feels like one of those forums where people endlessly
rehash the same debates about Linux vs. Windows. Completely uninteresting.

> Better yet, can there be a cc-licenses-offtopic or something similar
> that such discussions can preemptively be shunted to when they get
> repetitive, or of interest only to a few?

Creating a "garbage mailing-list" is never a solution IMO. The solution is
for people to discipline themselves and recognize that at a point there is
nothing interesting to say anymore, and that they'd better shut up or just
chat in private.

Oh and by the way this applies to the meta-talk as well: there is no point
in discussing mailing-list policies at length. I think it's not like any
of us has the excuse of being an Internet beginner and not knowing what it
means to constructively participate in a mailing-list discussion.

So I'll just shut up again and not feed the meta-thread anymore. I hope
everyone does the same and move on to other things.

cheers

Antoine.