cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Clarification needed - Copyleft AND Share-Alike with Images

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Erik Moeller" <erik AT wikimedia.org>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Clarification needed - Copyleft AND Share-Alike with Images
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 13:31:48 +0100

On 2/21/07, teun spaans <teun.spaans AT gmail.com> wrote:
Perhaps I misunderstand your proposal, but your proposed change seems to
limit possibilities of the license under which many people published their
images at both flickr and commons. That does not seem reasonable to me.

Uh, no. How so?

The vast majority of use of images from Commons is combination of
these images with Wiki(mp)edia articles.

--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic