cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] CC enforcement

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Andres Guadamuz <a.guadamuz AT ed.ac.uk>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] CC enforcement
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:49:15 +0000

I would like to submit to the list my experiences in my very own
enforcement case.

http://technollama.blogspot.com/2007/01/enforcing-creative-commons.html

My blog is licensed under a BY-NC-SA 2.5 Scotland Licence, and my posts
are being copied through the Atom feed by a Google Ad farm in the domain
bgtoyou.com (registered in Thailand). The host is in the United States,
so I am now faced with the possibility of issuing a DMCA notice of take
down in order to get the posts removed.

In a delightfully ironic twist, the link farm tried to post the same
message where I describe what they're doing, but the CC licence foiled
their code:

http://g72.bgtoyou.com/Enforcing-Creative-Commons/

I know that there was talk of having a central repository of CC
enforcement experiences, but I cannot find the relevant post.

Does anybody know of a site where to post these experiences? Is there
and enforcement FAQ?

Regards,

Andres

-----------------
Andres Guadamuz
AHRC Research Centre for Studies in
Intellectual Property and Technology Law
Old College, South Bridge
Edinburgh EH8 9YL

Tel: 44 (0)131 6509699
Fax: 44 (0)131 6506317
a.guadamuz AT ed.ac.uk
http://www.law.ed.ac.uk/ahrb/

IP/IT/Medical Law LLM by Distance Learning
http://www.law.ed.ac.uk/distancelearning/