cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Dumping CC-BY-NC-ND and Narrowing CC-BY-ND

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Tom Quoroll" <tjq21 AT cam.ac.uk>
  • To: "'Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts'" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Dumping CC-BY-NC-ND and Narrowing CC-BY-ND
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:28:11 +0100

>In the meant time, I find that CC-BY-NC-ND is such an abomination,
>that I do not feel bound by it. I shall follow the freedoms. To me,
>CC-BY-NC-ND is CC-BY-NC.

Lol fine, you make a derivative of my CC-BY-NC-ND work, I'll sue you, and
we'll let the court decide ;)

As I understand it choice lies at the heart of the creative commons concept.
Your proposition is interesting but IMHO to limit the choice available to
users would surely only push people away from CC licences and towards "all
rights reserved", which can only be a bad thing.

Tom.