cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Dumping CC-BY-NC-ND and Narrowing CC-BY-ND

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Greg London" <email AT greglondon.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Dumping CC-BY-NC-ND and Narrowing CC-BY-ND
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 22:57:05 -0400 (EDT)

> In the meant time, I find that CC-BY-NC-ND is such an abomination,
> that I do not feel bound by it.

okey dokey. If you're going to do this, it would really help
things if you made it abundantly clear that you are not following
the Creative Commons license, so that other folks don't get
the impression that what you're doing is sanctioned by
Creative Commons. Because if people start thinking that
the CC licenses are licenses that CC intends for people to break,
that'll put a rather large dent in new people adopting the CC
licenses and releasing their work under it. And if people
stop using CC licenses and decide to stick with
All Rights Reserved, then that's a total loss for everyone
involved.