cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Use of (BY-NC-ND) pictures on a blog with ads.

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera AT zmsl.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Use of (BY-NC-ND) pictures on a blog with ads.
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 14:23:23 +0000

Ivan Castell wrote:

Am I right or this kind of remuneration (Ads) isn't considered as commercial use of this items?

If I posted something under an NC license and you used it to draw people to your site and get money from Ads I would get upset and I would consider it a violation of the license.

Of course, I am not a lawyer. I'll check what the license says later. This is just my gut feeling right now.

Personally I'm not a great fan of the NC licenses. Some times they're OK, but over all I prefer the SA license. The one license I really don't like is ND. And of course, the wrost is NC-ND. I feel that this license misses half the point of a commons.

Personally I use BY-SA for my work and in a few cases BY only.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
DEMAND __ __ __ http://opendocumentfellowship.org/petition/
| ||__)|__|\ | - Tell Microsoft to support it
|__|| |__| \|DOCUMENT - Sign the petition