cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] Use of (BY-NC-ND) pictures on a blog with ads.

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Ivan Castell <ivancastell AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] Use of (BY-NC-ND) pictures on a blog with ads.
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 14:46:56 +0100

Hi,

This is my first post here, so please excuse me if I this question has already been posted.

I have a blog under a CC licence (BY-NC-ND) and I often use CC licenced pictures on it to ilustrate some posts, always respecting the item licence. I don't have ads on my blog, but if I put i.e. Ads by Google, this could be considered as commercial use and I assume I couldn't use the NC licenced pictures any more. Am I right or this kind of remuneration (Ads) isn't considered as commercial use of this items? I mean the non-commercial use of this pictures (as I could consider sell them as a pure commercial use) is only for these pictures or for the blog containing them?

I hope I'm being clear, because it's a little tricky for me ;)

I'll appretiate any opinion about it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Ivan Castell