cc-licenses - Re: designer patterns using CC

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: kebunhouse <kebunhouse AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: designer patterns using CC
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:01:04 -0700

Rob, thanks for the advice!

> What is important is choosing how you want people to be able to use
> your work: commercially, modifying it, requiring that they share
> changes.

yes, i basically want to have my patterns available for non-commercial
derivative work. i understand the way the license work now.

> http://www.savvyseams.com/

Yes, savvyseams is similar to what I want to do. thanks! is there a
way to find a community of CC licensed clothing designers? I know most
of you out there may not be in the fashion/clothing industry but if
you have any leads let me know.

In my opinion, the fashion industry is still slow to adopt new
technologies and ways to spread information. It is still very much, at
least on the manufacturing side, old world.