cc-licenses - cc-NME (no monetary exchange)

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Greg London" <email AT greglondon.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: cc-NME (no monetary exchange)
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:45:06 -0400 (EDT)

CC hasn't clarified what exactly "commercial" means
on the grounds that explaining their licenses
is legal advice. Since the sliver of information
from CC about CC-NC was that the NonCommercial
license allows monetary exchange as long as it
is not-for-profit, I would like to suggest a
new license which would effectively be what
everyone on this list THOUGHT CC-NonCommercial was.

Namely, I would like to propose some sort of
license that would not allow any monetary exchange
whether it be for profit or nonprofit.

I would call it NoCompensation, but NC is already
taken, so I suggest the name "NoMonetaryExchange",
with the acronym CC-NME.

It should work with other CC licenses in combination,
for example, BY-NME or ND-NME or SA-NME or whatever
crazy combination is already allowed.

Anyone interested in such a license option?

--
Bounty Hunters: Metaphors for Fair IP Law.
http://www.greglondon.com/bountyhunters/