cc-licenses - Open Audio License and cc attribution license

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Chris Morris <chrismo AT clabs.org>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Open Audio License and cc attribution license
  • Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 08:56:00 -0500

With all IANAL disclaimers in-place:

For some time I'd assumed the EFF Open Audio License didn't have a warranty bit, and that was a key difference between it and the CC attribution license. I finally double-checked, and the OAL does have a warranty clause. So, are there any key differences between these two licenses? I've had some music out on the OAL for a while, and don't see any reason at this point to also release under the CC attribution.

--
Chris
http://cministries.org

  • Open Audio License and cc attribution license, Chris Morris, 04/05/2004