cc-licenses - RE: License that allows private copying?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Richard Cobbett" <charybdis AT deja-x.co.uk>
  • To: "'Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts'" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: License that allows private copying?
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 21:01:40 -0000

"Alice buys 2 copies of your software for a single payment of $100.
she then lets Bob try it with her, and then Charlie.
Charlie likes it, and the two of them use the software,
and you earned $100."

Meanwhile, that bastard Mallory isn't quite sure if he's managed to cross
the line and become the analogical villain we all know and love. Please,
have sympathy for the poor chap.

Richard Cobbett | http://www.richardcobbett.co.uk