cc-licenses - Re: MSN-Groups & License to Microsoft

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Wouter Vanden Hove <wouter.vanden.hove AT pandora.be>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: MSN-Groups & License to Microsoft
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:29:28 +0100

Op zo 30-11-2003, om 09:08 schreef Evan Prodromou:
> This seems way off-topic for cc-licenses.

This is about people giving licenses to other parties without realising
it. Nobody reads EULA's, but at least everbody knows intuitively what
they mean.

If you think this is off-topic, please show me a more appropriate
copyright-thinktank that is willing to take these issues serious.

These issues came up advocating open licenses for course materials in an
MSN-group. They said "No, we want to reserve all rights."

Now I can rethorically answer "Then why are giving Microsoft all rights
to your courses?"

Pretty fun argument I thinks.

wouter