cc-licenses - Newbie questions: risk, include license in text, copyright notices

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Willem Penninckx <willem.penninckx AT belgacom.net>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Newbie questions: risk, include license in text, copyright notices
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:11:02 +0200

Hi all,

I would like to use the Attribution-NoDerivs-NonCommercial License for a
text in the Dutch language.

I have some (maybe stupid) questions:

Am i the first one who is going to release a text under CC in Belgium? Is
it a risk to be the first one?

Is there a possebitily to include the license in the text (in an appendix)
instead of refering to an URL? Or is this not a good idea?

There are two copyright holders: someone for one chapter, and me for all
the rest (but all is going to be released under the
Attribution-NoDerivs-NonCommercial License). What text do i have to put
where about this? (i mean the "Copyright (c) 2003 name" and "this is under
the license as you can find in appendix called ....." or something alike)?

Thanks in advance!

Willem.

--
"Software patents are like landmines for programmers. At each design
decision, there is a chance you will step on a patent and it will destroy