cc-it - Re: [Cc-it] Creative Commons & software

cc-it AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussione delle licenze Creative Commons

  • From: "J.C. De Martin" <demartin AT polito.it>
  • To: Thomas <thomas.margoni AT creativecommons.it>, cc-it AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-it] Creative Commons & software
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:47:05 +0100

Per quanto riguarda il software (è una questione già ampiamente dibattuta su questa e altre liste) la stessa cc.org suggerisce la gpl.

Lieve precisazione: la FAQ cc.org prima menzionata dice quanto segue (riporto per comodita'):

Can I use a Creative Commons license for software?

In theory, yes, but it is not in your best interest. We strongly encourage you to use one of the very good software licenses available today. (The Free Software Foundation and the Open Source Initiative stand out as resources for such licenses.) Unlike our licenses -- which do not make mention of source or object code -- these existing licenses were designed specifically for use with software.

Note that no Creative Commons license has been certified as open source by the Open Source Initiative and any license containing the NonCommercial or NoDerivatives properties definitely does not quality as open source, as they violate the Open Source Definition's No Discrimination Against Endeavor and Derived Works criteria

Juan Carlos De Martin

--
I migliori saluti,

Juan Carlos De Martin