cc-hk - Re: [Cc-hk] ICANN Consultation@HK: The Future of the Internet's Naming Systems (ISOC-HK) 24 July

  • From: Rebecca MacKinnon <rebecca.mackinnon AT gmail.com>
  • To: Charles Mok <charlespmok AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Charles Mok <mok AT isoc.hk>, asmartlawyer <asmartlawyer AT 126.com>, Kathy Kleiman <Kathy AT kathykleiman.com>, Ka Ping Wong <ping AT isoc.hk>, cc-hk <cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Ying Chan <yychan AT hku.hk>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-hk] ICANN Consultation@HK: The Future of the Internet's Naming Systems (ISOC-HK) 24 July
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 07:19:11 +0100

Adding Pindar Wong to the thread.
Sorry I won't be in HK to help.

Sent from my iPhone
UK: +44-7759-863406
USA: +1-617-939-3493
HK: +852-6334-8843

On Jul 20, 2009, at 5:27 AM, Charles Mok <charlespmok AT gmail.com> wrote:

I can try but our panel is on internet governance and asia. And just
the last and only panel at end of day. Will need some comments from
floor. Anyway...

On 7/20/09, Kathy Kleiman <Kathy AT kathykleiman.com> wrote:
Charles,
As moderator, can you share your concerns about the IRT? The moderators
in NYC and London were two members of the IRT Committee, and they were
quite clear about their support for the IRT. Would it be appropriate
for you, similarly, to introduce any concerns you might have for the IRT
Report and its impact on noncommercial domain name registration, impact
on IDNs and the unfair implications of extending US/European trademarks
into translation and transliteration of other languages?

I am glad you will be upfront!
Best,
Kathy

Hong I understand will try to write in something or have someone help
her read her comments, since she will be in BJ and not HK.

I will be the moderator and the co-host so I will need someone to say
these things.

Thanks!
Charles

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Kathy Kleiman