cc-education - [cc-education] educational use clause

cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons

  • From: Zachary Chandler <zechandl AT colby.edu>
  • To: development of an education license or license option for Creative Commons <cc-education AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-education] educational use clause
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:43:34 -0400

In reference to Glenn Otis Brown's earlier statement on what we are
considering
educational use:

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/cc-education/2003-June/000001.html

excepted from Glenn's message:
(i) You do so in a manner that is directly related to and of material
assistance to the primary teaching and learning activities of an educational
institution,
..

ZC: Others with whom I have discussed this issue have voiced a concern over
marrying cc.edu to the institution. Is there a way to word the language so
that
it is more inclusive, without watering down its clarity and usefulness?

best,
Zach

Zachary Chandler
Language Technology Consultant