cc-devel - [cc-devel] License Chooser: partner url method vs REST API vs Licensechooser.js

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: BjornW <burobjorn AT gmail.com>
  • To: "\"cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org\" h" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-devel] License Chooser: partner url method vs REST API vs Licensechooser.js
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 21:29:56 +0200

Hi guys,

I'm working with Tarmo on a WordPress plugin (License) to update it to
the current WordPress and Creative Commons standards. It uses the
partner url method with an iframe to select a license at this moment,
but this approach seems not to include all the metadata options of the
current chooser found on creativecommons.org. I also saw some docs on
the REST API, but these were not updated since beginning of 2011. Can
both methods still be used? Or are there plans to focus all energy into
one method of adding a licensechooser to a webapp? What's the role of
licensechooser.js in all of this?

grtz
BjornW

--

met vriendelijke groet,
Bjorn Wijers

* b u r o b j o r n .nl *
digitaal vakmanschap | digital craftsmanship

Werkdagen:
Van maandag t/m donderdag vanaf 10:00
Vrijdag is voor experimenteren en eigen projecten.

Postbus 14145
3508 SE Utrecht
The Netherlands

tel: +31 6 49 74 78 70