cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] License Chooser: partner url method vs REST API vs Licensechooser.js

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Dan Mills <dan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Bjorn W <burobjorn AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org h" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] License Chooser: partner url method vs REST API vs Licensechooser.js
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 20:40:50 -0700

Chiming into this a bit late... but I don't think there's good reason
to call out to a CC API for the WP plugin. Licenses change very
infrequently, there is no reason to introduce a dynamic call of any
kind at runtime just to populate the license options.

As for 4.0 changes, there are no infrastructure changes required by
4.0 per se, but I do think that (apropos the above as well) we need to
take a more critical look at all the stuff we host and shut down /
archive the pieces that are not widely used and are unmaintained.

Dan