cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] I'd like to continue contributing to CC

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Ishan Thilina <ishan AT ishans.info>
  • Cc: creative commons developers <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] I'd like to continue contributing to CC
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:08:31 -0500

Hi Ishan,

Thanks for writing, and for your interest in continuing to help CC
with software development. We have a new technology lead, Dan Mills,
and we are sort in the process of reorganizing and regrouping how we
want things to operate. With regard to existing CC software, I think
our plan is to take a step back, analyze what we currently have and
where things need improving, and then once that is determined to work
forward with a plan. However, one of the areas that really needs help
is community members proactively taking initiative to integrate (or
better integrate) CC licensing into various platforms (e.g. WordPress,
Drupal) and various software applications. You were already involved
in one of those last summer with GSoC. The following page is quite
outdated, but does have some ideas, and anyone is free to update that
page with new ideas.

My recommendation for you at this very moment is to think about where
you'd like to see CC licensing integrated in some way, and then just
push forward with it. CC would probably be happy to host the code for
such projects. Meanwhile, you may like to hang out at
freenode.net#cc. It's not currently super active, but the more people
in there, the more active it is likely to become in the future.

Best,

Nathan