cc-devel - [cc-devel] I'd like to continue contributing to CC

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Ishan Thilina <ishan AT ishans.info>
  • To: nkinkade AT creativecommons.org, cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-devel] I'd like to continue contributing to CC
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 16:11:31 +0530

Hi,

I'm the student who participated in GSoC 2012 for Creative Commons in which I ported the existing LibreOffice plugin to Python and enhanced its functionality. After GSoC I was busy with my university internship and couldn't continue contributing to the project. But now, the internship is over and I have some spare time which can be used for important work.

When I took a look at the project I've been working on in CC, I noticed that it hasn't yet been added to the LibreOffice Extensions center and the code base hasn't been touched after I left it. Also there seems to be many issues which are unfixed in http://code.creativecommons.org/issues/issue?status=-1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7&@sort=-activity&@search_text=&@columns=id,activity,title,creator,assignedto,status&@dispname=CC%20OOo%20Addin&project=7&@group=priority&@filter=status,project&@pagesize=50&@startwith=0 .

Since Jonathan informed me that he'd be leaving CC sometime back, I thought of contacting you to inform you that I'd still like to keep on contributing to the project and work on the missed tasks such as adding the extension to the LibreOffice Extensions center. If you have any other other projects that you feel needs more attention that, I'd be more than willing to aid you in anyway that is possible to me.

Hoping to hear from you soon...!

--
Thank you..!
071-6372089