cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] I'd like to continue contributing to CC

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: Ishan Thilina <ishan AT ishans.info>
  • To: Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: creative commons developers <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] I'd like to continue contributing to CC
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 10:43:00 +0530

Hi Nathan,

Then I'll wait till everything is sorted out. Till then I'll be in the IRC channel and will try to help for whoever is there. Also I'd give a thought on the other ideas you have pointed out.

--
Thank you..!
071-6372089

Ishan's info: www.ishans.info
මගේ සටහන්: www.siblog.ishans.info
Ishan's way: www.blog.ishans.info

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 11:58 PM, Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade AT creativecommons.org> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Nathan Kinkade
<nkinkade AT creativecommons.org> wrote:
> Hi Ishan,
>
> Thanks for writing, and for your interest in continuing to help CC
> with software development.  We have a new technology lead, Dan Mills,
> and we are sort in the process of reorganizing and regrouping how we
> want things to operate.  With regard to existing CC software, I think
> our plan is to take a step back, analyze what we currently have and
> where things need improving, and then once that is determined to work
> forward with a plan.  However, one of the areas that really needs help
> is community members proactively taking initiative to integrate (or
> better integrate) CC licensing into various platforms (e.g. WordPress,
> Drupal) and various software applications.  You were already involved
> in one of those last summer with GSoC.  The following page is quite
> outdated, but does have some ideas, and anyone is free to update that
> page with new ideas.
>
> My recommendation for you at this very moment is to think about where
> you'd like to see CC licensing integrated in some way, and then just
> push forward with it.  CC would probably be happy to host the code for
> such projects.  Meanwhile, you may like to hang out at
> freenode.net#cc.  It's not currently super active, but the more people
> in there, the more active it is likely to become in the future.
>
> Best,
>
> Nathan

Ooops.  Failed to include link:

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Developer_Challenges