cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Exif is dead, long live XMP

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "B.K. DeLong" <bkdelong AT pobox.com>
  • To: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>, discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work <cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Exif is dead, long live XMP
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:08:00 -0400

At 03:56 PM 8/24/2006, Mike Linksvayer wrote:
If you have any contacts still at OCW who might know whether this has
progressed I'd be very interested.

If not CC probably has one or two degree connections to the right people
there...

I do but honestly I was the only one really pushing for embedding our metadata directly in the files themselves. Especially since JPGs, PDFs, MP3s and RMs were our primary files. They were still using separate XML files to make the metadata publicly available.

The people to contact would be William Reilly (wreilly AT mit.edu) or Rob Wolfe (rwolfe AT mit.edu) from MIT Libraries' Metadata Group.

Thanks.

--
B.K. DeLong (K3GRN)
bkdelong AT pobox.com

http://www.wkdelong.org Son.
http://www.haloworldwide.com Work.
http://www.bostonredcross.org Volunteer.
http://www.brain-stream.com Play.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5 A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://foaf.brain-stream.org