cc-devel - [cc-devel] [OT] what comprises building upon a work?

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Bryan Rasmussen" <BRS AT itst.dk>
  • To: <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-devel] [OT] what comprises building upon a work?
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:58:29 +0200

Hi,

Just wondering what comprises building upon a work. I want to set up a deal
with an educational institution whereby they provide services on top of Open
Courseware courses such as testing services and tracking of the student (I
would be the first student in my organization) and then provide evaluation of
progress, certification if passing.

Is this building upon a work and thus getting in the way of the not for
profit part of the licence, because of course they will charge for their
time. Is there any way that they can provide these services. I suppose this
is off-topic because while it may show an interesting area of licensing for
development it is not per se concerned with CC-devel purposes.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen