cc-au - Re: [cc-au] It's all about google!

cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: "Rachel Cobcroft" <r.cobcroft AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-au] It's all about google!
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 17:01:35 +1000

Hi all,

For those of you interested in the online outrage relating to Google Chrome's Terms of Service, Read/Write Web today comments that Creative Commons licensing is a solution, and calls for further education:

"Ought not all the services we use online make it easy for us to apply licenses beyond the simplest copyright by default to our content? We can't think of any better way for all parties to win.
Imagine an in-browser way to apply more flexible licenses to any content being published. That would make far more content available for reuse by everyone from individuals to giant companies like Google, but it would also keep control over content in the hands of creators."

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/its_time_for_a_new_terms_of_service_regime.php

Cheers,
Rachel