baslinux - Re: [BL] Questions on boot BaseLinux

  • From: keesan AT SDF.ORG
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Questions on boot BaseLinux
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 23:08:36 -0000

> Schas glavnuyu zadachu , kotoruyu ya postavil dlya sebe , `eto poprobovat'
> zapisat' IPTV -potok s pomosch'yu vlc .
>
> Kak vy dumaete vozmozhno li takoe na Pentium 100Mh Ram 64 ?

Andrey writes:
"My primary goal now is to attempt to record an IPTV-stream using vlc.
Do you think this is possible on a 100MHz Pentium with 64MB RAM?"

I know nothing about streaming video servers. I suggest that you ask at a
video streaming forum first. If you like, I can translate your questions
for them from Russian to English. (Email me directly, not the list). Are
there still a lot of 100MHz computers in use where you live?

You can also ask at the mplayer forum whether mplayer will stream video.
Mplayer works with basiclinux to play streaming audio and video.
I don't think anyone got VLC working with Basiclinux.