baslinux - Re: [BL] Questions on boot BasicLinux

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Questions on boot BasicLinux
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 12:32:51 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 23:08:36 -0000, keesan AT SDF.ORG wrote:
> Andrey writes:
> "My primary goal now is to attempt to record an IPTV-stream using vlc.
> Do you think this is possible on a 100MHz Pentium with 64MB RAM?"

> I know nothing about streaming video servers. I suggest that you ask at a
> video streaming forum first.
> You can also ask at the mplayer forum whether mplayer will stream video.
> Mplayer works with basiclinux to play streaming audio and video.

MPlayer will stream video if your connection is fast enough and if
your CPU is also fast enough. I doubt that 100 MHz is anywhere near fast
enough, and may not be fast enough even for playback.

However, MPlayer will capture a stream and save it to hard disk.

either:
mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile filename URL_to_stream

or:
mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile filename -playlist URL_to_stream

Substitute "filename" and "URL_to_stream" in the above lines.

> I don't think anyone got VLC working with Basiclinux.

Well I certainly haven't !

Regards,
Ron
Ron Clarke
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com
-- This mail was written by a user of the Arachne Browser -
http://www.glennmcc.org/

DOS: For IQs higher than 95, 98 or 2000.

  • Re: [BL] Questions on boot BasicLinux, Ron Clarke, 07/14/2011