baslinux - Re: [BL] BL on SATA drive

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL on SATA drive
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:51:39 +0000 (UTC)

I added an IDE drive (which is hdc, since there are two optical drives as hda and hdb). The SATA drive is apparently sda. (There is also a USB card reader, sdb?).

BL3 and BL2 won't even boot - they get stuck looking at the SATA drive (or perhaps the card reader). The USB kernel that I compiled so BL would boot on another computer with cardreader did not help.

Puppy (kernel 2.6) has no problems.

I will look for some Slackware precompiled kernel and modules that will work with glibc 2.3.6 from SW11 (which comes with 2.4.33 kernel) unless I can figure out why 2.6 won't compile for me with SW11 gcc and glibc.

Sindi Keesan