baslinux - [BL] BL on SATA drive

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL on SATA drive
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:15:01 +0000 (UTC)

We were giving a working (!) 200GB SATA drive and now have three computers that we got to work (replaced caps, etc.) with SATA controller and power supply.

How do I get BL to recognize the SATA drive? Puppy finds it as sda1 (with 2.6.21.7 kernel which distinguishes IDE and SATA as hda and sda).

DOS will boot to C: on this drive.

BL2 ramdisk booted with a usb kernel (that I think I made to test USB flash drive boot) gets stuck on the usb.c line.

Hoping someone else tackled this problem but if not I will research it.

Sindi Keesan