baslinux - [BL] FTP in BL? (was: Thanks (mailing from BL)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] FTP in BL? (was: Thanks (mailing from BL)
  • Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 22:21:48 +0100

Sindi,
Thanks again for all this information.
I'm learning a lot just from checking out what you tell me.
which
and
find
commands for instance, are now helping me
find my way around the system.

As to the "homework" I get what you're saying
("Ik snap het" in Dutch - you asked)
but I think I'll wait until I'm a bit more used to the
editor and Linux in general before I go messing up the system...

I've more or less given up on a direct cable link between PC and laptop
because NTFS on the PC makes life so difficult and MS-DOS can't see
the hard drive anyway.

I've uploaded a test file to my ISP (using FTP) and downloaded it to the
laptop via "Links"
What about the other way? BL doesn't seem to know FTP (???).

Regards,
Dick.