baslinux - Re: [BL] Thanks (mailing from BL)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Thanks (mailing from BL)
  • Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 22:48:52 +0100

At 21:00 07/02/2010, you wrote:
>Message from Steven
>===================
>Dick wrote:
>>
>> I find I have to run pppsetup every session before
>> the modem will work. Is this how it should be?
>
>It is not necessary to run pppsetup every session
>if you activate PPP in /etc/rc (which lists the
>commands run at system startup). To activate PPP,
>edit /etc/rc and remove the # in front of insmod ppp
>and the # in front of insmod slhc.
>
>Cheers,
>Steven

It works a treat Steven, Thanks. So rc is a sort of autoexec.bat ;-) (I
wonder what rc stands for?).
I must bone up on this and insmod too. What I don't get is what's happened to
my old friend pppsetup
which Sindi told me about? It doesn't seem to get a mention...

Dick.

(Sent from an all-singing, all-dancing, wide screen, Bill Gates type PC... -
also 8 years old mind you ;-))