baslinux - [BL] Thanks (mailing from BL)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Thanks (mailing from BL)
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 12:38:05 +0100 (CET)

Hi All,

Thanks for the various tips with respect to the whereabouts of commands
like d, wp and such like. I've found these on my system and I'm
starting to understand "export", "alias" the role of "profile"
and even how shell scripts work.

I am playing with mail at the moment and hopefully will soon be sending
this message from my ancient laptop courtesy of the BasicLinux command
line mail.

I find I have to run pppsetup every session before the modem will work.
Is this how it should be? the "setup" part of the name suggests to me
something you do only once...

Regards,
Dick,
Eindhoven,