baslinux - Re: [BL] BL on CF IDE drive

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL on CF IDE drive
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 12:08:21 +0000 (UTC)

BL would not boot because I told lilo to install to /dev/hda, which is the IDE hard drive in my laptop, rather than to /dev/sda1, which was the CF card in IDE adaptor in USB adaptor plugged in.

The laptop for which it is intended does not boot from BL3.5 floppy with lilo, or David's syslinux BL, but does boot with DOS boot disk so we will try putting a kernel and loadlin on it and booting that way. Then see if it will boot with lilo on hard drive.

Sindi Keesan