baslinux - Re: [BL] problems installing Opera 9.63, 9.64, 9.27

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] problems installing Opera 9.63, 9.64, 9.27
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 09:12:19 +1200

Message from Steven
===================

> the more back versions of Opera I try the more
> dependencies I will find are missing from the
> BL packages.

BL3 wasn't designed for Opera. It wasn't designed
for Firefox. The recommended browser for BL3 is
links2, and the BL3 links2 package does not have
dependency problems.

If your computer is powerful enough to run Firefox
or Opera 9, then it doesn't need BL3. There are
plenty of other Linuxes that will perform well on
such hardware.

Yes, I did provide instructions for running Opera
on BL3 (but they related only to Opera 8). If you
follow those instructions carefully, there are no
dependency problems.