baslinux - Re: [BL] newbie help with Linksys wireless WPC11v3 PCMCIA - followup

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] newbie help with Linksys wireless WPC11v3 PCMCIA - followup
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 05:19:58 +1200

Message from Steven
===================

> udhcpc still is not working

Which parameters did you try?

> when I run it, it just says
> "debug, sending discover" over and over...

This means it is not registering a response from
your DHCP server. Each "discover" is an attempt
to contact your DHCP server. I suggest you check
the configuration of your DHCP server (if you
haven't already done so) to make sure nothing
there is causing the DHCP request to be rejected/
ignored.

> Wondering if maybe I installed the wireless tools
> package incorrectly

This is not the problem.

> seems like this shouldn't be that difficult to
> make work and it's rather frustrating...

In my experience, wireless networking is one of
the most difficult things to get working.