baslinux - Re: [BL] A small secure sshd package

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] A small secure sshd package
  • Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 20:46:25 +0200

Hi Sindy,

I've attempted now the easy route and tried to setup dropbear as a sshd server. I've downloaded dropbear-0.49-glibc225.tgz package from your site and installed the server according the instructions in usr/local/bin. But my shell - the standard one of BL-3.5 - don't start it up. Same happens with dropbearkey. I'm using the shell from BusyBox. Can't BusyBox handle apps compiled with glibc-2.2.5 or maybe your shell is different? Or do I need additional libraries for dropbear?

After this failure I've downloaded dropbear-0.52 from the dropbear-site to compile and install that one. But nada again, I'm getting the following error when I'm trying to configure dropbear-052 :

"checking for grep that handles long lines and -e :configure: error: no acceptable grep could be found in usr/bin:/sbin:usr/bin:usr/sbin" etc.etc. A multibinary (busybox) vs compiler incompatibelity?

Greetings,

Willem

[ps. I'm not well known with this kind of message-board, so my excuses if my question again doesn't appear in the thread. Dunno howto do it]