baslinux - Re: [BL] Compiling after glibc upgrade

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Compiling after glibc upgrade
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 15:49:47 +0000 (UTC)

Sindi wrote:

I then used make-3.81 to try to compile mplayer-1rc2 and it got much
further (no ctype_b errors) but stopped after a series of

impossible register constraint in `asm'
`asm' needs too many reloads

I tried again to compile Mplayer 1rc2 again after installing SW11 binutils
and full glibc2.3.6. I had to --disable-x11 to get past
"`dpms_disabled' defined but not used" error
(I looked it up online and got references to x11)
and then I got the same "impossible register constraint" error message as when compiling with glibc 2.2.5 and gcc 2.95.3 (which I have not upgraded).

An online search for this error message, reveals that other people had this same error compiling mplayer, and it was the same version. I will try rc1.0pre7try2 with glibc 2.3.6 (and/or 2.2.5). 0.93 compiled fine with 2.2.5 but the plugin needs rc1pre7try2 or later.

I might try the last 1.0rc1.

After installing glibc and binutils, I deleted 56MB of locale files and a smaller amount of gconv and some info and doc files. I deleted all libraries ending in .a or .la except glibc_nonshared.a which is needed to compile.