baslinux - Re: [BL] Compiling after glibc upgrade

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Compiling after glibc upgrade
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 22:49:12 +0000 (UTC)

Sindi wrote:

After upgrading glibc 2.2.5 to 2.3.6 solibs only (not development library)
when I try to compile make or mplayer I get the error:

undefined reference to `__ctype_b'

I will try compiling in a pure glibc 2.2.5 system first.

I have all the stated requirements for compiling mplayer including make
3.8.1 and gcc 2.95.3.

I was able to compile make 3.81 using glibc2.2.5 solibs/development package but not with glibc 2.3.6 solibs and 2.2.5 development package.
Therefore I need to also upgrate the latter, no surprise.

I posted http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/make-3.81-glibc225 (chmod +a and chmod +x).

I then used make-3.81 to try to compile mplayer-1rc2 and it got much further (no ctype_b errors) but stopped after a series of

impossible register constraint in `asm'
`asm' needs too many reloads

asm seems to be in the gcc package and they said gcc 2.95.3 was okay.

mplayer 0.93 compiled okay on this system.
Maybe rc1.0pre7try2 would also work?

Ideas?

Sindi Keesan